We are an open API banking platform, focused on creating cutting-edge technology for financial institutions. The platform allows banks the fast and flexible deployment of features that their customers have come to expect—mobile-focused, user-centric, convenient and secure. Join us and start dreaming of new ways to be at the center of your customers’ financial lives.
We are seeking a Product Owner who has a passion for solving problems at the convergence of technology and business. The Product Owner will be responsible for helping us design, build and drive solutions to meet internal development needs working with internal stake holders across the business.
We have this crazy, thrill-seeking goal to revolutionize banking, through an open architecture built natively for the next-generation of serverless, cloud-based technologies, providing financial customers infinite scalability, availability, and transparency. We are moving fast, thinking big, leading strong, and need your leadership to serve on the front lines of the revolution.
As if waking up every morning to the sand and surf of Carolina beaches and the Cape Fear Riverfront against an azure sky wasn’t awe-inspiring enough, we offer an inspired workplace, too. We have a beautiful, newly built-out office in mid-town Wilmington, on Live Oak Bank’s campus. We offer a very generous compensation and benefits package, onsite gym, social events, and the opportunity to work with some of the smartest and energetic people you’ll find anywhere. While you may have never heard of us, rest assured – over four hundred financial institutions and tens of millions of customers rely on us to power some of the most innovative and important pieces in the financial industry. We’re backed by some of the biggest and most well-respected names in finance, and we’re growing – fast.
- Must thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong communicator with the ability to crystalize a vision and directions to both technical and business agents.
- High level of understanding of the financial services industry.
- Must know the existing digital banking marketplace including industry trends and players.
- Must be self-driven and be willing to put in the time necessary to get the job done.
- Ability to create and interpret software documentation and understand business implications of changes being made impact all business units.
- Documenting and presenting recommendations to team members
- Can break down complex and large solutions into manageable activities and prioritize.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels, either independently or as part of a team
- Drive strategic direction for Apiture’s internal business solutions
- Create and maintain the product roadmap for internal development
- Own the product backlog to determine prioritization of new requirements and change requests for sprints.
- Provide technical design documents to engineering teammates
- Take ownership of vendor relationships related to the Corporate Engineering team
- Understand impact of integrations on licensing and internal billing costs
- Provide guidance to internal software engineers to help develop product solutions
- Collaborate with functional groups across the organization including Engineering, Marketing, Client Success, Implementations, Finance and Regulatory to execute on the product vision
- Create user stories to communicate your vision of the solution which addresses business needs
- Must attend daily standups and other development initiatives
- Create supporting documentation as needed for your products
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technical Focus preferred)
- 5+ years in software development
- 5+ years in financial services
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary
Are you up for the challenge?